Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Poem - written May 2005

I choose to worship

Time after time, trial after trial
You removed everything that stood in the way
Ever so gently, yet it was still painful
Each time I hear You whisper
“Will you still love Me?”

There were times I answered with surety
“Yes, Lord – why not?”
But my voice grew softer
Time after time, trial after trial
You knew me far better
You knew what treasures I had hidden
The things I had secretly desired
Then You removed them
One by one, You took them
And each time I hear You whisper
“NOW, will You still love Me?”

I finally realized
How faint-hearted I was
My words had no value
My love was not tested
So You knew all along

Time after time, trial after trial
I am eventually convinced
I will choose to worship
You, the Lover of my soul
I will choose to follow
Lay down my desires
Yes, I will love You still

Yes, my Savior
Yes, my Lord
Yes, my Friend
Yes, my all in all

You are all I desire
You are more than enough for me

No comments: