Monday, March 14, 2005

Longevity

Today was a public holiday for all of Mlebourne except those working in the university. That's me. I even had to refuse an invitation to yum cha from a friend who didn't know better than to ask, thinking that I was on holiday too. During my lunch break, I turned on the Oprah show. They ran a show on people who have shed hundreds of pounds. One guy even lost 305 pounds! For that sort of effort, I thought he really deserved his prize of a $61,000 Porsche convertible that Winfrey offered.

I guess that was the last straw. The helath-consciousness of the average Melbournian had already prepped me for a regular exercise regime. Guess the Oprah show just firmed up that decision even more. So... for the first time in months (or was it years) i put on my running shoes and went for a brisk walk. Nah, not running YET... my system needs some adjustments... The years of neglect have had their toil.

My legs ached just from walking! I was just so pissed at myself. "They definitely needs training," I can hear my brain telling the legs and the heart off. To think that I had agreed to go Wilson's Prom during the Easter break - my God! - how am i to keep up with the group in this shape? Perhaps I'll have to postpone making that trip. Or step up on exercising in the next 2 weeks.

No comments: